BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy
CSP Full Membership (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy)
HCPC Registered (Health and Care Professions Council)
BMAS Registered (British Medical Acupuncture Society)
Mani trained and graduated in physiotherapy in England. She has worked for the NHS in Scotland in MSK, amputee & surgical rehab and respiratory. Mani is also qualified in sports massage and medical acupuncture. She is currently studying Chinese therapeutic massage.
Physiotherapy helps restore function & mobility in affected limbs and may reduce pain.
If you have been suffering for a long time, you may need several appointments to see benefits. All treatment plans are tailor-made and may use different treatment modalities. These will be discussed at the initial assessment.
Physiotherapy may help with:
- Nerve related pain
- Lower back pain (LBP)
- Joint pain in upper/lower limb
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Sports injuries
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Mani uses a combination of movement analysis and re-education, electro-therapy, sports massage and exercise regime sent to your phone to get you back to function.
Lower Back or Nerve Related pain
Sometimes through poor training practices, injuries, repetitive movements or skeletal peculiarities, nerves can get trapped resulting in pain. Physiotherapy may be very effective with dealing with this type of pain.
Based on the initial assessment’s findings, a treatment plan will be discussed offering you options looking at
- Physiotherapist led manipulations that help to passively improve spinal movements through gentle rocking movements. Only offered if it is the best clinical treatment for your condition.
- Massage of the body’s soft tissues aimed at normalizing these tissues. Fixed or movable pressure is applied to your body to release stress.
- Exercise Plan- In the long term, issues of poor posture & weak muscles need to be addressed to decrease the risk of chronic LBP. A tailor made exercise regime will be devised to strengthen weak muscles and improve mobility.
NOTE TO ALL PATIENTS: please bring x-rays and medical history information with you at the initial assessment session.
Therapeutic Options for Joint or Musculo-Skeletal Pain
- TENS Machine targets sensory nerves and stimulates the body’s natural pain relieving systems.
- Ultrasound (electrotherapy) uses sound waves that oscillate at a fixed point. This leads to vibration in the tissue which can generate heat. Electrotherapy can be used during the three stages of the healing process (inflammation, proliferation, re-modelling).
- Tailor-made home exercise for weakened muscles/ligaments/tendons will help re-model and strengthen them. Exercise progression will be built into the programme at a pace that is safe for you.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MANI
61 Cresswell Street
Glasgow G12 8AD
0141 339 5859 or 07764 763 516