Napiers Elixir of Echinacea Complex
Take this high-strength formula at the first sign of a cold or flu-like symptoms to help your body fight off infection.
Also take to support your body's immune system if you are plagued with recurrent skin problems such as acne or boils.
• the symptoms of the common cold
• flu type infections
• minor skin conditions
based on traditional use only. All the benefits of this popular herb are delivered in an easy-to-take, pleasant tasting liquid.
A highly concentrated, potent formulation, each 5 ml dose contains 640 mg extract of top quality Echinacea root, whose action is enhanced by the addition of Wild Indigo and Fumitory.
What it does
- Used at the first sign of catarrh, runny nose and cold-type symptoms, it helps to prevent infections from developing
- Helps relieve minor skin conditions such as mild acne and boils
- Helps relieve the symptoms of mild eczema and allergic dermatitis
Napiers Elixir of Echinacea Complex contains extracts of Echinacea, Fumitory and Wild Indigo.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12:
One 5 ml teaspoonful three times a day.
Each 5 ml dose contains 1:1 liquid extracts equivalent to 975 mg of herbs per 5 ml of:
- 640mg Echinacea (Echinacea angustifolia)
- 160mg Fumitory (Fumaria officinalis)
- 175mg Wild Indigo (Baptisia tinctoria)
Also contains ethanol, anise oil, coriander oil, lemon oil, orange oil, elixir saccharin (saccharin sodium, water, 90% ethanol), colour solution (caramel, glycerin, 90% ethanol, water), glycerin, Fluid Extract Glycyrrhizae Special (water, glucose liquid, caramel, 90% ethanol, liquorice liquid extract, sorbitol), syrup (sucrose) and water.
Do not take this product if you:
- are under the age of 12
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- are allergic to any of the ingredients or other plants of the Asteraceae/ Compositae family e.g daisy, artichokes or marigolds
- get frequent allergic reactions such as hives, eczema, asthma; tuberculosis; sarcoidosis; auto immune diseases e.g. collagenosis, multiple sclerosis; conditions which decrease your resistance to infection e.g. HIV infection or AIDS; white blood cell disorders e.g. agranulocytosis, leukemia
- are on therapy to reduce natural response to infection (e.g. chemotherapy, radiotherapy, history of organ or bone marrow transplant)
- are taking medicines known to interact with alcohol e.g. metronidazole or immunosuppressant medications such as ciclosporin and methotrexate.
Consult your doctor if there is a family history of allergic reactions.
This medicinal product contains sucrose (syrup), glucose and sorbitol. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
This medicinal product contains 19% v/v ethanol (alcohol), ie up to 760 mg per dose, equivalent to 19 ml beer or 7.9 ml wine per dose. It may be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism and high-risk groups such as pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
interactions with other medicines
If you are already taking a medicine prescribed by a doctor please click for more information as Echinacea has been reported to have interactions with some drugs. click here.
No reviews yet.
Submit your own review
You may review a product if you have bought the product from us. If you would like to comment on our service, please contact us at email@example.com Reviews are moderated so will not be seen immediately and are published at our discretion.