Napiers Elixir of Echinacea Complex
Take this high-strength formula at the first sign of a cold or flu to help your body fight off infection.
Also to support your body's immune system if you suffer from recurrent skin problems such as acne, boils or rosacea.
A traditional herbal medicinal product to relieve the symptoms of:
- the common cold
- flu type infections
- minor skin conditions, based on traditional use only.
All the benefits of this popular herb are delivered in an easy-to-take, pleasant tasting liquid.
A highly concentrated, potent formulation, each 5 ml dose contains 640 mg extract of top quality Echinacea root, whose action is enhanced by the addition of Wild Indigo and Fumitory.
PLEASE NOTE THE BEST BEFORE OF THIS BATCH DATE IS 30 SEPT.
- Helps relieve minor skin conditions such as mild acne and boils
- Helps relieve the symptoms of mild eczema and allergic dermatitis
Each 5 ml dose contains 1:1 liquid extracts equivalent to 975 mg of herbs per 5 ml of:
- 640mg Echinacea (Echinacea angustifolia)
- 160mg Fumitory (Fumaria officinalis)
- 175mg Wild Indigo (Baptisia tinctoria)
Also contains ethanol, anise oil, coriander oil, lemon oil, orange oil, elixir saccharin (saccharin sodium, water, 90% ethanol), colour solution (caramel, glycerin, 90% ethanol, water), glycerin, Fluid Extract Glycyrrhizae Special (water, glucose liquid, caramel, 90% ethanol, liquorice liquid extract, sorbitol), syrup (sucrose) and water.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12:
One 5 ml teaspoonful three times a day.
Do not take this product if you:
- are under the age of 12
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- are allergic to any of the ingredients or other plants of the Asteraceae/ Compositae family e.g daisy, artichokes or marigolds
- get frequent allergic reactions such as hives, eczema, asthma; tuberculosis; sarcoidosis; auto immune diseases e.g. collagenosis, multiple sclerosis; conditions which decrease your resistance to infection e.g. HIV infection or AIDS; white blood cell disorders e.g. agranulocytosis, leukaemia
- are on therapy to reduce natural response to infection (e.g. chemotherapy, radiotherapy, history of organ or bone marrow transplant)
- are taking medicines known to interact with alcohol e.g. metronidazole or immunosuppressant medications such as ciclosporin and methotrexate.
Consult your doctor if there is a family history of allergic reactions.
This medicinal product contains sucrose (syrup), glucose and sorbitol. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
This medicinal product contains 19% v/v ethanol (alcohol), ie up to 760 mg per dose, equivalent to 19 ml beer or 7.9 ml wine per dose. It may be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism and high-risk groups such as pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
Like all medicines, this product can have side effects.
Interactions with other medicines
If you are already taking a medicine prescribed by a doctor please click for more information as Echinacea has been reported to have interactions with some drugs. click here. In particular, you should avoid taking echinacea alongside medicines known to interact with alcohol e.g. metronidazole or immunosuppressant medications such as ciclosporin and methotrexate.
No reviews yet.
Submit your own review
You may review a product if you have bought the product from us. If you would like to comment on our service, please contact us at email@example.com Reviews are moderated so will not be seen immediately and are published at our discretion.